Meeting Start - 7:20pm
- Welcome to all neighbors and friends. Special thanks to Kroger, Councilman James and Old Louisville Pizza Company for donating food and tables for the event.
- Thanks to Doug H for efforts in consolidating the neighborhood finances.
- $30k in Toonerville account following Springfest - Majority of the funds are restricted to various expenses related to the Dog park and Toonerville Park. However, there are several thousand dollars available for neighborhood banners/street cleaning and Springfest Kickoff next year.
Ft George Flag Raising
- Flag raised at Ft George which flew of the US capitol building in honor of Captain George Grey - http://fortgeorge.org/
- Thanks to local VFW and color guard for the flag raising ceremony
- Doug Humble motion to donate $250 to the color guard thanking them for their efforts - Phil Beeson 2nd motion - Motion passed with all in favor.
- Final design of pole banners approved. Early next year Toonerville will be branded with a new logo and pole signage specific to our association
- Springfest working sessions will be coming up this fall. Reach out to Dan if you have an interest in helping.
- Stay safe - Recent garage break ins and other petty crimes have been on the rise. Call 911 and watch out for your neighbors.
Meeting End : 7:29 pm
Next Neighborhood meetings will be held September 24th @ 7:00pm at New Legacy Reentry Corporation: 1115 Garvin Place. https://www.facebook.com/NewLegacyReentry
This is a non profit that reached out looking to meet individuals in our neighborhood.
They work with ex-offenders and homeless veterans to provide practical job skills and incentives for starting businesses. They will be hosting at their facility and will provide a quick overview of their program and more detailed tours following the meeting for anyone interested.
New Legacy Reentry Corp. Gisela Nelson
1115 Garvin Place
Louisville, KY 40203
Facebook: New Legacy Reentry Corp.