Meeting Start Time - 6:59 PM
Location - Old Louisville Pizza & Pub at First & Oak Street
Toonerville Trolley Park update - The playground equipment is now installed at Toonerville Trolley Park (On Brook Street between Oak and Ormsby). This is the culmination of several years of work, primarily by Dan Mason. The playground equipment is beautiful and includes sections for climbing, sliding, and swings.
Fort George Fence - The old Fort George fence along the back alley has now been removed and brush/trees have been cleared. The new fence will be installed later in January.
Treasurer's report - as of the December meeting there was approximately $12,900 in the TTNA accounts.
New officer elections. Following new officers and board members were elected for 2018:
- President - Kirk Stewart
- Vice President - Ray Robinson
- Treasurer - Joan Stewart
- Secretary - Josef Spalenka
- Executive Board Member - Dan Mason
- Executive Board Member - Nancy Woodcock
Springfest 2018 brainstorming ideas up for discussion:
- Potentially hold the event at Toonerville Trolley Park & Fort George instead of on 1st Street.
- Hold a one day event, rather than a 3 day event (less security and other costs, more concentrated crowds)
- Potentially have better live music, and maybe a paid VIP beer garden area
- Hold Toonerville historic walking tours during the event
- Discuss timing of the event: later in the spring/early summer?
Form a Springfest committee to flesh out ideas more and start planning Springfest: Todd Lewis, Kara Lewis, Kirk Stewart, Joan Stewart, Josef Spalenka, Linda Ross. First Springfest Planning meeting is January 16th, 7 PM.
Announcements - If you get a chance check out the "Winter Wonderland" light display in Ouerbacker Court!
Meeting End - 7:50 PM